The 2013 Press Room information is coming soon. Please check back often for updates.
Riverdance Lead Dancer Moriarty to Appear.
COLUMBUS, OH – The seventh annual Riverfront Arts Festival will take place this September 28-30 at Genoa Park along the Scioto River. The Festival will feature more than 100+ artists and entertainers showcasing a variety designs and talents from fine oil painting and functional pottery to outstanding musicianship.
Here are some of the elements you don’t want to miss:
- $10,000 Art Giveaway. Your next art treasure just got more affordable. Every hour of the Festival we're giving away $600 in free art ($100 to 6 winners) selected from that hour's registrants. Each $100 Artbuck$ certificate can be redeemed with any of the participating artists at the Festival.
- Friday Night Happy Hour, presented by Cox Catering. Come unwind at the Riverfront Arts Festival from 5 PM to 7 PM. The perfect setting to punctuate another work week, downtown, right along the river featuring $2 beer and $2 wine.
- Wine Stroll. Saturday evening we'll host a wine stroll right before WaterFire from 5 PM to 7 PM, with Heidelburg Distributing. Guests have the opportunity to sample 5 wines, from the 15 wine selection, for $10.
- Sunday Brunch. Our food vendors will create special selections for Sunday Brunch along the river from Noon to 2 PM, and Buckeye Vodka will feature spirited Bloody Marys and Screwdrivers at a special price.
- Sand Sculpting. Carl Jara, one of the region's leading sculptures, will create an amazing, unique work of art starting with a pile of 15 tons of sand on Friday that he'll put the finishing touches on, about mid-day Sunday. Come watch him in action throughout the weekend.
- Music on the Amphitheater. We're lining up regional acts to perform non-stop during the festival.
- WaterFire. Friday at dusk, then again on Saturday, WaterFire will blaze on the river. If you haven't experience it, it's art with fire. A signature band also will accompany both nights.
- Art Bike Ride. On Saturday YAY Bikes is hosting a bike ride that will depart from the Festival and ride by a number of local arts institutions. In addition, throughout the entire weekend Pedal Instead will have a bike corral available for any Festival goers who wish to pedal to the park.
- Community Artist Celebration. For the first time the Riverfront Arts Festival is adding a Community Artist Celebration to its showcase to celebrate artists in our communities. We have extended invitations to the following local artist communities: Dublin, Hilliard, Westerville, New Albany, Upper Arlington, Delaware and Worthington.
About the Riverfront Arts Festival
The Riverfront Arts Festival is one of Columbus’s top outdoor fine arts festivals. The three-day festival showcases the works of some of the finest artists and craftsmen in the world. A signature event of the Central Ohio cultural calendar, the Arts Festival is a true ‘Celebration of the Arts’ offering visitors the opportunity to meet with exhibiting artists, sample Columbus' cuisine and enjoy live entertainment. For more information visit us at www.dispatchevents.com or on Facebook.